You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version. Compare with Current | View Page History
Some feedback on the YCBA mapping
based on a cursory examination of oai_tms.ycba.yale.edu_499.rdf sent by [~firstname.lastname@example.org] on 9 May 2012..
Many of teh fragments below are TTL, I've converted it to Turtle using http://any23.org
- should use crm:P3_has_note vs rdfs:label more consistently
- http://collection.britishart.yale.edu/id/thesaurus/indetifier/inventory-number: misspelled
- This causes an invalid URI <crm:E55_Type> (prefixed yet enclosed in angle brackets)
- This causes a blank node that is not connected to anything (same for other legal bodies) http://collection.britishart.yale.edu/id/legal_body/500303557
- re http://collection.britishart.yale.edu/id/tgn/7008591/coordinates
- skos:inScheme ycba_tgn:local : that's not a term value, so it should not be inScheme
- a crm:E47_Spacial_Coordinates : misspelt
- crm:P90_has_value "54.0000, -4.5000" : better express this in a structured way.
You may want to consider the paper Integration of Coordinate Information in CIDOC CRM
- <http://collection.britishart.yale.edu/id/object/499/dimension> a crm:E54_Dimension
I can see the DisplayWrap crm:P3_has_note "78 1/4 x 48 1/8 inches (198.8 x 122.2 cm)"
but should also be represented in a structured way (with two dimension nodes: object/499/width and object/499/height)
- crm:P82a_end_of_the_end "1752" : misspelt, that's P82b.
- Also, you better put a type
- This is neither E55_Type nor E74_Group. It's a E4_Period@crm (see the Scope Note)
- See BMX Issues#Theaurus Requirements for more guidelines
- This is definitely not E55_Type
- I think this is better mapped to E52_Time-Span since it's not a cultural period and has only a time aspect
- Consider using the excellent work on Handling Time Periods in STAR to assign actual dates to such time-spans, using the label