- Material: what a Physical Thing consists of
- Medium/Technique: how was it made (eg embroidery, oil-painting, etc)
For Susanna we have: object.support="panel (oak)", object.technique="oil paint", frame material="wood, and gold plated"
We first represented them simply as E55 Type (obj:1 is the painting and obj:2 the frame):
However, material_technique@crmg shows a more specific picture.
It uses the following properties:
- E18 Physical Thing: P45 consists of (is incorporated in)@crm. E57 Material
- E12 Production: P126 employed (was employed in)@crm. E57 Material
This is a long-cut property of P45.
Its scope note says "the Material of P126 does not necessarily become incorporated into the Physical Thing", but I think we'll assume it does become incorporated, to correspond to the meaning of P45
- E12 Production: P32 used general technique (was technique of)@crm. E55 Type
So we need this: