- Select a picture and start image annotation tool
- Switch all annotations on and off on an image
- Filter annotations by category, creator, date, project
- FTS for annotations
- List annotations as text in the annotation panel
- Position to annotation shape when annotation's title is clicked
- When annotation shape is selected, open content in annotations pane
- Select a region and create an annotation on it
- Data basket (out of scope for 3.3)
- Reply to annotation
- Zoom/scale image and vector drawings
- Annotate annotations - not quite clear
The researcher then wishes to annotate an existing annotation made by a colleague. They find the annotation and highlight a particular phrase which becomes a hyperlink which can be used instead of following the annotation thread. They use the annotate button to insert their new comment or rely. Again the same features available to a new annotation are available. When submitted the annotation creates a thread from the original annotation allowing the dialogue to be followed by others.
The researcher also decides that there are some interesting annotations that have relationships not reflected in the threads. They highlight words and phrases in the existing annotations and create hyperlinks. These might provide a particular route through the annotations that can be followed by other researchers. A final annotation might create the start of the path.